What could have happened to a place to change it from “one of the most boring places on earth” to becoming one of the most exciting? Qatar has often been overlooked because of its’ more flamboyant neighbours in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region, but no more. Finally, Qatar has come into its own. Here are some of the reasons why you should work here as an overseas worker.
Qatar Fun Facts
- Did you know that Qatar is the richest country in the world? I won’t bore you with the official figures, but suffice it to say that it is able to offer great salaries to migrant workers. Qatar is projected to become the highest-paying nation in the GCC due to billions worth of infrastructure investments.
- The country is highly literate, with 97% of the population able to read and write.
- Qatar has the world’s third largest gas reserve as well as oil reserves exceeding 25 billion barrels. However, the government is making sure that oil and gas is not the sole bread and butter of their economy.
- There are more Indian nationals than Qataris in the country. Another interesting tidbit is that only 11.6% of the populace is Qatari, with the rest made up of migrant workers. The country is relying heavily on imported labor.
- The Qatar Council for Health Practitioners (QCHP) require DataFlow verification, and you can get your PSV report ahead of time with DataFlow.
Arts and Culture
- The Qatar Museum of Islamic Art is a triumph in both form and function. The architect of the building, I.M. Pei, had to be coaxed out of retirement and he requested that an artificial island be created for it. The museum’s contents span over a thousand years’ worth of Islamic art, gathered from three continents.
Qatar as a country has a lot to offer. It has retained it’s mystique, and for this reason, a visitor would have more to discover.
Picture attribution CC BY 2.0